This is a commissioned photo set for a good friend of mine, Bryan. He wanted some photos of his custom Jetwing Optimus Prime, and I was curious to see what I could do with a large movie style figure like this. It actually proved to be a bit too large for my shooting space so I had to make some changes on the fly. The shots were also taken over a few days, as such I tried to keep everything consistent but slight changes in lighting may be apparent throughout the gallery.
The customization that has been done as per Bryan is as follows.
- Custom, Professional chrome has been applied to the wings, canisters and machine guns. These were originally a silver painted plastic.
- The shoulder plates have been modified to sit higher up.
- The wheels on the side of Prime's legs have been modded so that they can sit flush along side the leg in robot mode.
- The chrome smoke stacks are aftermarket replacements that have been slid over the original stacks.
- Minor paint apps on arms and legs, some silver and gold details.
Between the immense size of this piece, and the brilliant chrome finish this was a challenging piece to shoot and I hope I have done the figure justice with these photos.
Thank you for checking out this gallery! Please let me know what you think in the comments below, and as always don't forget to check us out on Facebook! I can also be contacted via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org